[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Patrick Kirchner kirchnerpalk at gmail.com
Sat May 14 04:13:02 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 11:02 PM, Justin Dunn <
list-mythtv-users at archive.jdunn.us> wrote:

> On 5/13/2016 8:47 PM, Patrick Kirchner wrote:
>
> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 4:58 PM, David Madsen <david.madsen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Since I'm using my own copy of the ebuild in a portage overlay I just
>> deleted the dependency lines for dbus and udisks out of the ebuild (or
>> alternatively you can make sure the bluray and dvd USE flags are disabled
>> instead of removing udisks).
>>
>> From what I remember from an earlier discussion about this in the list, I
>> believe MythTV uses dbus to monitor the optical drives in the machine which
>> uses the udisks package.  I don't use MythTV for playing optical disks so
>> this works fine for me, but YMMV if you play Bluray or DVDs via MythTV.
>>
>> --Dave
>>

> Everything seems to be working now execpt for MythWeb.  I get this error
> when I try accessing it via http://192.168.1.253:80/mythweb
> *Fatal error*: Call to a member function query_col() on null in
> */var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/modules/backend_log/init.php* on line
> *15 *
> I'm wondering if it has something to do with us disabling mythlogserver in
> lieu of syslog?  This is what is on line 15 of init.php:
> // Check to see if database logging has been enabled
>     $enabled = $db->query_col('SELECT SUM(data) FROM settings WHERE
> value="LogEnabled"');
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I don't have a front end machine
> right now and was hoping to be able to just watch recorded shows through
> mythweb.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick.

> I have mythlogserver disabled and mythweb loads just fine for me (Except
> for 'Backend Status' page coming up as 404 Not Found) so I don't think that
> is it.
>
> Also when you Google Call to a member function query_col() on null
> <https://www.google.com/search?q=Call+to+a+member+function+query_col%28%29+on+null>
> you get many results including a mythTV Trac Ticket
> <https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7146> opened 7 years ago so it seems
> this issue happened to many people.
> Justin

I noticed those super old Trac tickets too, but also I saw a few reports
with the same error and 0.28 (albeit with a RaspberryPi and ngix).

https://www.google.com/#tbs=qdr:y&q=Fatal+error+Call+to+a+member+function+query_col+on+null+in+init.php+on+line+-php7