[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

David Madsen david.madsen at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:58:42 UTC 2016

Since I'm using my own copy of the ebuild in a portage overlay I just
deleted the dependency lines for dbus and udisks out of the ebuild (or
alternatively you can make sure the bluray and dvd USE flags are disabled
instead of removing udisks).

>From what I remember from an earlier discussion about this in the list, I
believe MythTV uses dbus to monitor the optical drives in the machine which
uses the udisks package.  I don't use MythTV for playing optical disks so
this works fine for me, but YMMV if you play Bluray or DVDs via MythTV.

--Dave