[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Patrick Kirchner kirchnerpalk at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:13:21 UTC 2016

------------------------------
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Rich Freeman <r-mythtv [at]
thefreemanclan>
> wrote:
> >On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:13 PM, david brooke <david2012brooke [at]
gmail>
> >wrote:
> >> Mythtv test for mythlogserver
> >> Prior situation:
> >> Gentoo OpenRC user
> >> Installed mythtv 0.28 (before the mask on 4/16/16)
> >> Mythlogserver not working
> >> Other logs working ie mythfrontend, mythbackend, etc...
> >> Current situation:
> >> Gentoo OpenRC user
> >> Installed modified mythtv 0.28
> >> - use systemd || myconf="${myconf} $(use_enable mythlogserver)"
> >> + #use systemd || myconf="${myconf} $(use_enable mythlogserver)"
> >> Mythlogserver not working
> >> Other logs working ie mythfrontend, mythbackend, etc...
> > Ok, so you're getting logs to files/syslog/etc as desired? If so then
> > I think I'll just disable the logserver entirely and unmask things.
> How is your testing looking?

I'm trying to build 0.28 with your ebuild but I'm having some issues.  I'm
using a brand new install of Gentoo with OpenRC.  Everything was patched
and updated before I tried to emerge the 0.28 ebuild.

The first issue I ran into was that it didn't recognize that I needed
exiv2, so I after the emerge failed the first, there was a clear error
message in the build log stating that I needed it.  I emerged
media-libs/gexiv2 I tried again, but it failed once again and it's just not
clear to me why it failed.

I also removed the "+" from mythlogserver on the "IUSE=" line and remarked
this entire line from the ebuild file:
#use systemd || myconf="${myconf} $(use_enable mythlogserver)"

but the emerge still fails:
Makefile:67: recipe for target 'libs' failed
make: *** [libs] Error 2
 * ERROR: media-tv/mythtv-0.28::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   emake failed

Here's the full build.log:
https://bpaste.net/show/ae0d4219bf16

I think this is the important bit, but I'm not sure what to make of it:
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: xml
Makefile:78: recipe for target 'sub-libmythbase-make_first' failed
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythbase-make_first] Error 3

Thanks.