[mythtv-users] Hide encrypted dvb channels.

Jarle Thorsen jarlethorsen at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:57:03 UTC 2016

"Hika van den Hoven" <hikavdh at gmail.com>:
> > Setting visible=0 has always worked fine for me. The only thing I
> > miss is an automatic way to test decryption and set visible=0 for
channels not decryptable.
> > Manually tuning channels and update the channels accordingly has kept
me up many nights...

> You can use the channelscan_channel table, but you have to filter it
> on the scanid. This scanid links it to the channelscan table where
> you'll find scandate, sourceid etc. It also links to the
> channelscan_dtv_multiplex table.

I deleted all channels (via channel editor in mythtv-setup) and TRUNCATE
the channelscan_channel in mysql before doing a new scan. I thought this
would give me a clean start, but maybe I should have deleted the sources to
make sure all channels where deleted completely?

If you see my first post in this thread, you see that the thing that
puzzled me was that I found some service_id/mplex_id that were only in
channels table and not in channelscan_channel table...