[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Wed May 11 15:07:05 UTC 2016

> http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_343636.html

Can't think of any reason it wouldn't run Debian. I have a similar
setup (only AMD/ATI) running vanilla Debian Jessie.

I suppose the above might be competitive with the RPi (price-wise)
after you buy a case, SD card, and power supply for the RPi. I don't
know the state of VDPAU/VA-API on Intel graphics though so that's
something you'll want to check on for your specific chipset before
purchasing. Also that site says nothing of CEC support so you may need
to use a Bluetooth remote or external IR receiver, but that's still
pretty common, not a knock on that product.