[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:34:34 UTC 2016

On 16-05-10 09:27 AM, Josu Lazkano wrote:

>> On Tue, 10 May 2016, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am looking for a cheap hardware to run mythfrontend. I have a ECS
>>> Liva but there are out of stock.
>>>
>>> I want to play some 1080p videos and LiveTV.
>>>
>>> Anyone could help me?
>>>
>>> I will really appreciate your help.
>>>
>>> Kind regards.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Josu Lazkano
>>
>> Hi Josu!
>>

>> Try this:
>>
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECS-BAT-MINI-V1-0-LIVA-32GB-2GB-N2807-INTEL-SOC-BAY-TRAIL-M-BLACK-MINI-PC-KIT-US-/391426471201?hash=item5b22d5f521:g:xvwAAOSwAoRXF5qm
>>
>> I recently bought 2 of these and they are working great.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Thanks Dave,
>
> They do not ship to Spain. I am looking for something cheaper, 100$/100€.
>
> Regards.

You might consider using a Raspberry Pi 2 or 3.  I've had a good
experience running Mythfrontend 0.27.6 on a RPi2.

There are several builds of mythfrontend for RPi.  See:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Native_Mythtv_Frontend

I wrote a tutorial on how I set up my RPi2 with Mythfrontend.  See:
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend

Please note that I have not tried 1080p content so I cannot comment on
whether that would play acceptably.

Curtis