[mythtv-users] Mythcut (Web based cutlist editer) and MythTV .28

Mark Boyum circushair at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:12:28 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:35 PM Anthony Giggins <seven at seven.dorksville.net>
wrote:

> On 29 April 2016 at 23:51, Mark Boyum <circushair at boyum.us> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone on this list using this combination successfully?  I had it
>> working awhile ago with .27 but have just tried this morning and found that
>> it does not work any longer.  I think this is because my backend is now .28.
>>
>> The github sources haven't been updated since 2013.
>> https://github.com/roadrunner6/mythcut
>>
>> So before I go down a rabbit hole, I thought I'd see if anyone else has
>> it working.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Mark
>>

> What Errors are you seeing, I'm running this in 0.27 (and will upgrade to
> 0.28 when I find an outage window) and I've recently forked my changes to
> https://github.com/RXM307/mythcut which also has the changes required for
> 0.26 & above and additional filtering so LiveTV recordings are not
> displayed by default and I'll also look at the same for in progress
> recordings when I get a chance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony
>

> Errors sent to the browser:

*File /var/www/html/mythcut/lib/DB.php, Line 63: Trying to get
property of non-object*

*File /var/www/html/mythcut/lib/DB.php, Line 63: Trying to get
property of non-object*

*File /var/www/html/mythcut/lib/DB.php, Line 64: Trying to get
property of non-object*

*File /var/www/html/mythcut/lib/DB.php, Line 64: Trying to get
property of non-object*

*File /var/www/html/mythcut/lib/DB.php, Line 66: Trying to get
property of non-object*

*File /var/www/html/mythcut/lib/DB.php, Line 66: Trying to get
property of non-object*

*File /var/www/html/mythcut/lib/DB.php, Line 67: Trying to get
property of non-object*

*File /var/www/html/mythcut/lib/DB.php, Line 67: Trying to get
property of non-object*

Access to myth configuration file /etc/mythtv/config.xml not possible or
database connection not working, exiting...

But the config.xml file should be readable:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mythtv mythtv  455 May  2 15:16 config.xml

After downloading the version you linked the errors remain.
I have not looked any deeper into the issue yet, so it could be something
silly on my system.

-Mark