[mythtv-users] mythweb unable to connect after upgrade to 028

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun May 8 14:26:19 UTC 2016

On 05/07/2016 09:48 PM, George Bingham wrote:
 > I *think* have have it using a proper ipv6 address, however, booting up I
> still see problems.

Likely ::1

> I am not sure why, but mysql is refusing connections because although it is
> "up" it's socket address isn't there yet.

I see this, noting the mysql owner and root user:

$ ls -ld /run/mysqld /run/mysqld/*
drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql root 80 May  8 07:02 /run/mysqld
-rw-rw---- 1 mysql root  5 May  8 07:02 /run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
srwxrwxrwx 1 mysql root  0 May  8 07:02 /run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

I may have deleted too many old emails on this thread, but don't see the
.service file you're using to start mysql.  How 'bout doing this:

systemctl cat mysql<then type the tab character twice>

That will give you a list of the (or all) .service files in use. Please
select and pastebin a copy of each file.

> Are you happy with having to restart the backend at the tail end of the
> boot process or have you found a way to make it all just "work".

Mine just work, so I'm happy.

--
Bill