[mythtv-users] Mythexport output files wrong permissions

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Fri May 6 10:52:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have just upgraded my combined BE/FE from Ubuntu 12.04 to 14.04 (I
realise I am behind the times!) Before the change, files output from
mythexport had permissions 666 (-rw-rw-rw-). Files output since the
upgrade have permissions 600 (-rw-------). This means that the apache
process that serves the output files, via an RSS feed, cannot read the
files and so they cannot be downloaded.

I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem, and knew how to
solve it?

By adding debugging messages to mythexport-daemon, as far as I can see,
the umask changes after startDaemon, which calls Proc::Daemon::Init.
According to the documentation for the latter, changing the umask is
normal behaviour. But as I say, I never had this problem with 12.04.

Any ideas?

John

--
John Veness, MythTV user, UK, DVB-T