[mythtv-users] mythbackend: send oops

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:45:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 1:27 AM, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:
>     Refs #12524. New firewire ids for DCX-3200M P3
>
> Would that affect me?

Never say never, but that was essentially to accept
another set of firewire id's interpreted as a valid
DCX-3200 device.  Should not have impacted
previous devices.

> If my STB was updated it didn't leave the box powered off as it has done in the past.

In a typical DCX unit, there are (usually) about 4 different
firmware "features" that can be dynamically updated in
addition to the "platform".  And Motorola (now Arris)
may have even more for your provider.  So it is possible
that something got updated without a power off.  Or
the provider has been burned often enough to change
the process to auto-reboot without power off.

It is sometimes useful to write down the various
firmware levels for future reference so you can
(in the future) notice if it changes.

However, as no one else (from the greater CA
community) has mentioned such failures, that
seems less likely.

> #--> this is new
> May  2 18:00:02 tv mythbackend: libiec61883 warning: No plugs exist on either node; using default broadcast channel 63.

This (to me) suggests that something about the firewire topology
has changed.

Have you rebooted (or tried hot-plugging) the firewire cable
since you have seen this?