[mythtv-users] Mythgallery in 0.28

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Mon May 2 19:58:14 UTC 2016

On 02/05/16 20:34, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I upgrade to 0.28 last week, and everything works great except
> MythGallery plugin.

You're actually referring to the new Gallery, aka "Images", which is
part of core Myth in 0.28.

The MythGallery plugin still exists and works, but doesn't use Storage
Groups, and isn't at fault here.

> May  2 21:17:57 frontend  mythfrontend[1108]: I CoreContext
> imagemanager.cpp:190 (OpenDevice) ImageManager: New device Photographs
> mounted at '' [Id 0]
> May  2 21:17:57 frontend  mythfrontend[1108]: E CoreContext
> gallerythumbview.cpp:226 (Create) Thumbview: Screen 'Gallery' is
> missing 'images0'
>
> Need I configure something else?

It's complaining about your "image-ui.xml" theme file. The "images"
element has been renamed to "images0" to allow thumbnail zooming.

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Image-ui.xml

What theme are you using ? I thought all the 0.28 ones were fixed so I
guess you are using an old version (or your own).

mythfrontend -v gui | grep image-ui.xml

will show where Myth is loading the file from.

Quickest fix is to update your themes.
But I will add a fix tomorrow to allow it to handle old themes.