[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi Ubuntu-Mate 16.04 Beta 2 + updates and mythtv packages

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Mon May 2 14:57:27 UTC 2016

On 04/26/2016 12:57 PM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
> Ubuntu Mate 16.04 for Raspberry Pi2/3 has been released, note you need
> a 16GB micro sd card to install.
>
> I have tried mythfrontend from the 0.28 ppa and it fails, seg fault
> when it tries to open video.
>
> A quick gdb shows:
> Thread 1 "mythfrontend.re" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> 0x7125d14c in platform_get_handle () from /opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x7125d14c in platform_get_handle () from /opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so
> #1  0x71252e80 in eglCreateWindowSurface () from /opt/vc/lib/libEGL.so
> #2  0x6e7c29d2 in ?? ()
>    from
> /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/plugins/xcbglintegrations/libqxcb-egl-integration.so
> Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt
> stack?)
>
> Which is the same as I was getting on Beta 2, with both the 0.28 ppa
> and my own native build.

I have tried building with many different options and it always fails
with the above seg fault before the main window opens.

Earlier on this email chain one person had the main window coming up but
being unable to select openmax for playback profile. Thomas did
something to the build and now nothing works. Maybe if we can get back
to a version that at least opens the window, we can work forward again
to a version that supports openmax.

Unfortunately, gdb does not work on Raspberry Pi ubuntu mate either, so
it is not easy to debug. I have opened a ticket for gdb with ubuntu.

Peter