[mythtv-users] One step forward, two steps back - Frontends not woring properly

Vincent McIntyre vincent.mcintyre at gmail.com
Sun May 1 10:02:38 UTC 2016

I just noticed your other thread about mysql and how you set it
to listen just to the loppback interface i.e.
  bind_address = 127.0.0.1
So all my questions about mysql are probably moot,
but let's take a look at your config anyway.

A question.
Do you have some service on your network that actually needs IPv6?
If not, I would disable it on the backend until this issue is resolved.
I think you can do this as follows
 $ sudo bash
 # cd /etc/sysctl.d
 # echo "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1" >99-disable-ipv6.conf
 # reboot
To re-enable v6, remove the 99-disable-ipv6.conf file & reboot again.

Rereading the whole thread, it looks like Steven Worthington could be
on the right track with his questions about the startup order of
the various interfaces and services.
Posting the output of
  initctl list
should help clarify the situation