[mythtv-users] Recordings start & end 10 seconds too soon, on all channels

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 10:28:08 UTC 2016

Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:

> Just to give a counterpoint to this. ...

Valid arguments which just go to prove that there is no such thing as a right or wrong answer/method - just what works best for your preferences. This is (IMO) where Myth really beats all commercial offerings into the dust - with the others you get what the vendors thinks you should have, with Myth you get to choose.

For a while I had to run with just one tuner card (one cable and not enough signal to split it). Not surprisingly with 5 DVB-T muxes I had conflicts which was almost novel for me (at least since I went to two tuners) and had to start manually fixing things as Michael described.
While it was "a bit of an annoyance", at least I had that option.