[mythtv-users] Recordings start & end 10 seconds too soon, on all channels

Marlon Buchanan marlonbuchanan at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 17:47:38 UTC 2016

<snip>
>> Also, does Myth display live conflict popup dialogs, that you can reply to on the spot, or is the only way to know about conflicts to actively seek them out on the "Upcoming Recordings" screen?
>
>No, generally on-the-spot live conflict dialogs wouldn't be helpful
>except for the current listings (and could get annoying as you're
>setting up recording rules).  And having to deal with conflicts "on
>MythTV's schedule" if it popped up a message in mythfrontend whenever
>there were conflicts could be annoying--rather than just managing them
>when you plan to.  Instead, once every couple of weeks (depending on how
>much listings you get), you go into Upcoming Recordings and see if it
>says "No conflicts" at the top.
>
>Alternatively, you can set up a miscellaneous status script (
>https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Miscellaneous_Status_Information and,
>specifically, https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth_upcoming_recordings.pl )
>for the backend status web page (available through MythWeb under Status)
>and verify you get no conflicts.
>
>Or you can go to the mythfrontend System Status screen and look for
>conflicts there.
>
>Or, you can actually use myth_upcoming_recordings.pl (from the
>miscellaneous status script section) in a cron job to send an e-mail
>with mailx or sendmail or whatever you like for notifications.  You
>could set it up to send the e-mail only if there are conflicts or always
>or ...  You could show all the upcoming recordings or only those for a
>couple days or only conflicts or ...
>

>Mike

I'm on ubuntu 14.04 and I use mythtv-status to send me a daily email of my upcoming recordings. It will tell me in the email if there are recording conflicts. I've also configured it to give me a few other tidbits of information (e.g. recording disk space info, guide data warnings, when an encoder is offline).

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/vivid/man1/mythtv-status.1.html