[mythtv-users] Does search in YouTube supposed to work still?

Jonatan Lindblad mythtv at comhem.se
Wed Mar 23 20:48:57 UTC 2016

Den 2016-03-18 kl. 21:23, skrev HP-mini:
> On Wed, 2016-03-09 at 13:56 +1300, Robin Gilks wrote:
>>>>
> <snip>
>
> Answer to your original question & subject..
> The MythNetVision YouTube search does not work here (master).

In what way?  Are there no search results or are the videos not playing?  If it is the latter you might not have the required gstreamer libraries like gstreamer1.0-libav and gstreamer1.0-plugins-good.

It works fine here, although I'm on b774341 which is a bit behind master.

> The browse YouTube (& others) appears to work.
> The TedTalks search query is out-dated, looks for flv video etc.

TED has an API that we could probably use, at least if the registration for API keys wasn't disabled.

> All of MythNetVision was predicated on flash plugin which is history.

HTML5 should be used for YouTube if all the gstreamer libraries are present.  Vimeo and Dailymotion have HTML5 players but I think we need to tweak the HTML on our side to make use of it.

--
Jonatan