[mythtv-users] Recordseek table problem

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:11:51 UTC 2016

I have noticed recently that the seek forwards and backwards is misbehaving
on my Mythbuntu 0.27 installation. Symptoms are:

- When seeking forward the OSD seems to struggle/flicker while seeking, but
it used to just be instantaneous.
- Occasionally, when seeking forward it goes all the way to the end of the
program instead of the 15 seconds it's supposed to go.

I run optimize_mythdb as a daily cron job. I just ran it now and saw no
errors in the output and this is what it showed for the recordedseek table:

Repaired/Optimized: `mythconverg`.`recordedseek`
Analyzed: `mythconverg`.`recordedseek`

BUT... when I go to MySQL and try to do something with the table such as
count the rows I get this error:

mysql> select count(*) from recordedseek;
ERROR 144 (HY000): Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is marked as crashed
and last (automatic?) repair failed

That seems totally at odds with the output of optimize_mythdb, but clearly
there's a problem so I have two questions:

1) How do I fix it?
2) Why does optimize_mythdb say all is OK when it isn't?