[mythtv-users] Freezing/Pixelating

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Tue Mar 22 17:18:54 UTC 2016

I doubt it's a RAID 5 performance issue. The performance of the disk array
for both reads and writes is pretty good. Write performance is around
320Mbps ...

# dd if=/dev/zero of=/export/test2.img bs=1G count=1 oflag=dsync
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 22.4376 s, 47.9 MB/s

and read performance is almost 800Mbps ...

# dd if=/export/record/1752_20160312073000.mpg of=/dev/null bs=8k
2027724+1 records in
2027724+1 records out
16611117128 bytes (17 GB) copied, 171.084 s, 97.1 MB/s

So back to my original question, are those RingBuf errors indicating that
the myth backend stopped receiving data from the HD Homerun Prime or the
myth backend was unable to read data from the file and stream it to the
frontend?

Thanks for the help ...