[mythtv-users] How does LiveTV recording group work?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 22 11:37:47 UTC 2016

On 03/22/2016 01:47 AM, steve wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please forgive me for a couple newbie questions.
>
> In Kodi under Recordings I see Default and LIve TV.
>
> Inside there within Live TV I see all the shows watched yet not explicitly recorded, like a cool magical Tivo.
>
> So...
>
> 1) Where do I find this same Live TV section in mythFE, if I want to watch these shows there?  I can't seem to find it?

Watch Recordings, MENU (once or twice)|Change Group Filter, then select
Live TV (or any other Recording Group).

Also, there's Watch Recordings, MENU (once or twice)|Change Group View,
in which you can select all the things to show in the left-hand column
of Watch Recordings (kind of a quick-access filter), including titles,
categories, Recording Groups, Watch List, Live TV, ...

> and
>
> 2) Is there a way to move shows from LiveTV back to the Default group? I looked in mythweb and mythFE and couldn't find it.

In Watch Recordings, select the desired show, then MENU (once or
twice)|Storage Options|Change Recording Group, then select the desired
Recording Group in which to place the recording.

Mike