[mythtv-users] does myth 'best practice' have me adding anything to cron?

steve stevenospam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 05:26:36 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with MythTV 0.27.6 installed via PPA, not mythbuntu

Am I supposed to be manually adding anything to cron for myth?

For example, am I supposed to be crontabbing the running of mythfilldatabase every so often?

I found reference to some other cron files in some other thread, I am guessing mythbuntu-desktop or maybe myth-control-centre created them?:

/etc/cron.d/mythbuntu-bare
/etc/cron.daily/mythexport
/etc/cron.daily/mythtv-database
/etc/cron.daily/optimize_mythdb
/etc/cron.daily/optimize_mythdb.pl
/etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database

Can someone post the contents of these so I can see what they do?

Thank you