[mythtv-users] HD PVR and FreeBSD

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Mar 21 16:25:30 UTC 2016

On 21/03/16 16:17, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> FWIW, the webcamd port (see
> http://www.freshports.org/multimedia/webcamd/) might support your
> tuner. If it does, problem solved.

webcamd seems to support v4l, but not v4l2 to the level we require
it, so configure is currently disabling hd-pvr on freebsd. This was
so that we could actually build 0.28 or later on freebsd10

I would welcome additional patches to fix this. They would have to
ensure that the v4l2 recorders are disabled but the v4l bits are not
in order to get support for the hdpvr.

Regards
Stuart