[mythtv-users] worth while to upgrade HDPVR firmware

Martin Compton martinc at itrans.com
Mon Mar 21 07:36:38 UTC 2016

On 03/20/2016 11:46 PM, Bob wrote:
> I upgraded my HDPVR firmware when I first purchased my HDPVR (maybe in
> 2009) and am currently using version 0x12.  Is it worth upgrading? My
> recordings are mostly stable, but I probably get at least 1 failure a
> month. I usually deal with this by cycling power on the HDPVR as soon
> as I notice a recording has finished.
>
> I am using mythtv version v0.27.5-5-g32fd396 and linux 3.18.14.
I've been using the most recent firmware for at least 3 years and aside
from power supply issues, have not had any recording failures.  If I
recall correctly there was an issue with changes in resolution that were
resolved, and possibly default contrast/brightness.

At the very least if you are having problems, it is easy enough to
eliminate the older firmware as the culprit.