[mythtv-users] Moving database from non-bootable drive to fresh install

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 19:07:15 UTC 2016

On 18/03/16 18:00, Bruce Herrington wrote:
> I have Mythbuntu 14.01 AMD64 installed on a sdd. After it was up and
> running, I added a 4TB drive for storage. Everything was running
> smoothly untill I tried installing "Splashtop-Client" I ended up with
> broken and held packages and no disk space. The following command was
> supposed to free disk space.
>
> CODE: SELECT ALL <https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1378#>
>     |dpkg --list | grep linux-image | awk '{ print $2 }' | sort -V |
>     sed -n '/'`uname -r`'/q;p' | xargs sudo apt-get -y purge|
>

> I gained about 8 gig of space but could not find any images or kernel
> headers left. I was afraid it wouldn't reboot so I tried reinstalling
> the current kernel 3.16.67#87. That didn't work so I tried upgrading
> the Kernel to 3.18 but it crashed during upgrade and would no longer
> boot. I installed a new ssd and a fresh Mythbuntu 14.02. Both old and
> new have Mythtv 0.28 fixes installed. My question is, Is it possible
> to get the old database onto the new drive making the recordings
> accessible? I haven't configured the tuners yet, can that config be
> moved also?

As you are using mythbuntu and if you setup backup using
"mythbuntu-control-centre"

The mythbuntu system backup files have the form and can be restored from
within mythbuntu-control-center :

mythbuntu-system-backup_<servername>_<date>_MBE_YESDB.tar.gz

e.g. for my server

mythbuntu-system-backup_myth-server-1_20160317-0400_MBE_YESDB.tar.gz

You may also find some mythconverg database backup files in
/var/lib/mythtv/db_backups

e,g.

mythconverg-1343-20160314090057.sql.gz

You probably want to read