[mythtv-users] Kodi

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:07:32 UTC 2016

On 18/03/16 16:29, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> On 03/18/2016 10:22 AM, Tom Bishop wrote:
>>
>>     On a Raspberry Pi 2, Kodi does not do well with MPEG-TS files as
>>     recorded by MythTV. Audio sync is poor and becomes terrible if
>>     you use skip-forward or skip back. I don't know if that is an
>>     issue with Kodi on other platforms. There is a bug log in Kodi
>>     for that.
>>
>>     Peter

>> I will disagree I have code running on a pi 2 with kodi and a
>> mythbackend and have no such issues, works fine and plays everything
>> I throw at it.  The menus can be a little pokie and updating is slow
>> but it works fine as a dvr at least for me. :)
>>

> Perhaps you are not recording MPEG-TS, or never use skip back or skip
> forward (left arrow, right arrow). The author of the mythtv plugin
> (janbar) acknowledges the bug and has pointed it out as a Kodi bug.
>
> See bug logs below:
> https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/issues/20
> http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16611
>
> There is also a test file attached which demonstrates the problem.
>
> Peter

OK, now I understand! It is a commercial flagging issue within Kodi.

I don't have commercial flagging running on my mythtv-backend, so would
never see the issue.  I did try commercial flagging several years ago,
but could never get it to work reliably in the UK. I gave up and just
set left and right arrow to skip 30 seconds.

Mike