[mythtv-users] Install packages for Raspberry Pi Ubuntu Mate wily

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 21:27:47 UTC 2016

On 16-03-17 12:29 PM, Greg Thompson wrote:

>> On Mar 16, 2016, at 2:58 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) <cats22 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> I have added install packages for both 0.27 and 0.28 pre-release for
>> Raspberry Pi Ubuntu Mate wily
>>
>> https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythtv/releases
>>
>> Ubuntu Mate uses a different audio setup. It runs pulse audio by
>> default. If you are switching from Jessie to Ubuntu Mate you will have
>> to change the audio setting. The wrong audio setting causes audio to
>> fail and causes the frontend to hang.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> Hi Peter,
>
> Great work! I have this version running on my PI 3 and it runs much better than the one I tried before (Curtis’s Build ((No Offense intended)). Menus are much faster than the other build etc. However, I still have a couple of issues:
>
> 1. When Playing Mpeg2 1080i content, the screen shakes every second or 2 and the video appears to ever so slightly hiccup… I am sure this has something to do with Deinterlacing etc. as 720p Mpeg 2 content does not do this. I do have the Mpeg 2 license installed and functioning. (I should note, 1080i H.264 content appears better than mpeg2. It still might seem a bit jittery every once in a while, but I would consider it watchable where as the above makes 1080i Mpeg2 content unwatchable)
>
> 2. In the Recordings screen, with artwork enabled, sometimes the screen wont show the artwork until I move the selection cursor around.
>
> In regards to #1, I thought I saw that someone switched their Pi to output at 1080I (Which I can do with the HDMI_Modes command) but the mythfrontend application must still be outputting the idea at 1080P as I see horrible combing in the video.. Can anyone share if they are outputting their PI at 1080i so their TV can do the deinterlacing?
>
> greg

Did you remember to switch the video playback profile so that it matches
the build you are running?

With Peter's build, which runs in XCB mode, be sure to use "Setup ->
Video" to set the video playback profile to *OpenMAX Normal*.

When running Curtis' build with eglfs mode, be sure to use video
playback profile *OpenMAX EGLFS".

Curtis