[mythtv-users] video playback routing

Dan Littlejohn dan.littlejohn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:09:37 UTC 2016

I have a two system setup with a master and a frontend.  The frontend also
has a slave backend that does recording (as the satellite box is where the
frontend is at).  Both boxes have access to a NAS nfs share.

Recently, I noticed that even though I am playing a video on the master it
appears to be routed from the frontend?

myth://Videos@host2/video.iso

Why is this and how can I have either everything streamed from the backend
or played locally?  There is some shuddering and my guess is it is due to
all the traffic back and forth (frontend is on a weak wireless connection).

Dan