[mythtv-users] judder problems with nvidia 358.16

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Thu Mar 17 07:25:25 UTC 2016

Hi again,

On Tuesday, March 15, 2016 09:11 CET, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
 maybe nvctrl extensions was removed from the nvidia drivers.

Would have to implement the new xrandr

which version of xrandr do you have ?​1.5
On 15 March 2016 at 01:34, Marius Schrecker <marius.schrecker at lyse.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 8 March 2016, Marius Schrecker <marius.schrecker at lyse.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Stupid of me not to check that! The GUI refresh rates are the NVIDIA
>> "false" rates: 50Hz, 51 Hz, 52 Hz, etc..
>>

> That's what your problem is then, 50Hz is the closest to 23.93. So myth is
> doing the right thing as far as its concerned.
>
> Which version of Xrandr do you have installed?
>
> libxrandr2 : 1.5
>
> Myth only supports 1.2 or the nvidia X extension(libnvctrl) , but this needs
> to be installed and present.
> Normally the nvidia installer would install it automatically.
>
>The strange thing is that the nvidia settings panel displays The NV-CONTROL version - 1.29 I think (will check), but I can't find any reference to the library file that it's using and X-org is certainly failing to find/load it.

Neither can I find a library that is recognisable as the control extension in any of the Nvidia installer tarballs that I nhave looked at - latest attempt being 352.x which was reported as working by another user.  So I think that the problem may still exist between the chair and the keyboard ;).

yesterday I decided to give up and disable dynamic twin view, by setting it "false" in xorg.conf

 To my dismay the problem persists and I still see the "false" refresh rates in mythtv settings