[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

Ben Healy melben1001 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 15 22:10:46 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----

Hi Curtis

I think this probably works as 1360x768 is more of a PC resolution than video resolution, so many TVs will automatically display it with no overscan.

The problem that may arise is that it will usually only work with 60Hz refresh rate, meaning that 50Hz, 24Hz etc content won't be smooth.

This is not so much a problem if you live in a 60Hz country and mainly use Myth to watch TV, but if you live in a 50Hz country or watch a lot of movies that are 24Hz you may notice the video not smooth.

I would think that 1920x1080 would be the best resolution as most TVs would support 60Hz, 50Hz and 24Hz at that resolution.

More details are at:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:JudderFree

I have had this config working on nvidia and intel frontends, but so far I haven't got it to work on the Raspberry Pi in MythTV (Peter's build).

Dynamic refresh rate switching does work on the Raspberry Pi on Openelec and OSMC.

Ben