[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 19:05:34 UTC 2016

On 16-03-15 10:24 AM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
> On 16-03-14 08:53 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
>> On 03/14/2016 09:53 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
>>> Personally when I look at the mythtv.org wiki pages, I expect the
>>> information there to be near 100% correct and accurate because I
>>> recognize the wiki as the official source of information.
>> Hi Curtis
>>
>> While that would be marvellous, but we are really far from that. The
>> fact of the matter is that it is really hard to keep the wiki up to
>> date, and anything that can be added is welcome. If you are taking the
>> trouble to create documentation at all, the wiki is a good place to put
>> it. You can create a user id and setup a new page or add to an existing
>> page, or set up a new page with a link to the existing page.
>>
>> The existing Raspberry pi page has a stub at the bottom mentioning the
>> mythtv for Raspberry Pi version. That would be a good place to add some
>> documentation, with a note that this is still experimental and not yet
>> officially released. Official release will be some way down the road in
>> version 0.28, I believe.
>
> If unofficial and experimental stuff is permitted then I will see about
> creating a wiki account and updating the Raspberry Pi page.

I have updated the MythTV wiki Raspberry Pi page [1] with a list of
unofficial and experimental mythfrontend builds.  Also included are
instructions on how to install the debian packages.

Please feel free to make corrections and improvements.

[1] https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Regards,
Curtis