[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi 2+ MythFrontend Setup Tutorial Updated

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 01:53:59 UTC 2016

On 16-03-14 06:21 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:21 PM, Curtis Gedak <gedakc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I added an example to the tutorial.  See:
>>
>> http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend#vdebps
>
> While I recognize that this is a WIP, and updates
> are happening in near time, is there a good reason
> that these instructions and documentation are not
> being added to the MythTV wiki and maintained
> there?

That's a good question.

Personally when I look at the mythtv.org wiki pages, I expect the
information there to be near 100% correct and accurate because I
recognize the wiki as the official source of information.

Our current efforts with mythfrontend and RPi2 are definitely a
Work-In-Progress and change day to day as new problems are identified
and new builds are created.

In my opinion this stuff has to settle down more before it earns the
right to be detailed in an official location.

Currently the Raspberry Pi wiki [1] points to the mailing list and
indicates that efforts are ongoing to have a working mythfrontend for
RPi2.  I believe that this is still the state we are currently in.

[1] https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

Curtis