[mythtv-users] New Install package for MythTV 0.27 on Raspberry Pi 2 Jessie

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 20:21:58 UTC 2016

> I took the advice of Curtis( Thanks Curtis!) and nuked/paved my SD card, re-installed your latest .27.6 deb package and things now work well without sudo even including the audio problem below. I think it also took care of the menu problem as well.
>
> Much thanks for your effort in porting this to the Rpi!
>
> By the way, It works acceptably on the RPI 3 without using the mpg2 license for OPENMAX when watching MPG2 content recorded OTA here in the US for both 1080i as well as 720p.
>
> I am amazed how well it works without the MPG2 license AND using the wifi connection and not the wired connection!
>
> I do have a mpg2 license inbound to see the difference between using it and just using the ffmpeg software codec.
>
> Again, thanks much Peter!

UPDATE:

I have disabled all de-interlacing at this time, and 1080i has improved. It wasn’t terrible with advanced deinterlacing enabled, but with deinterlacing set to None, and letting the TV handle deinterlacing, I am very happy with the results.

I have swapped out my AMDA350 machine using VDPAU and put in my Pi3!

I like it!

General comments:

I am using ALSA:hw:CARD=ALSE,DEV=0 as the audio output device.

If things are goofy, nuke and pave your sd card with a fresh image, update it, install the deb package, configure the audio with the above device and reboot.

worked for me earlier.

regards!