[mythtv-users] Install package for MythTV 0.27 on Raspberry Pi 2 Jessie

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:44:15 UTC 2016

On 16-03-10 06:47 PM, Curtis Gedak wrote:
> On 16-03-10 01:12 PM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
>> I have built a debian installation for MythTV Light 0.27 on Raspbian
>> Jessie, for Raspberry Pi 2 or better.
>>
>> ...<snip>...
>>
>> Get it from this page:
>> https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythtv/releases/tag/v0.27.6-66
>> You can download the deb file from there.
>
> ...<snip>...
>

> #12643 - Raspberry pi: Failure when resolution changes
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12643
>
> .deb: Example video from this ticket plays for about 10 seconds,
>       displays "Please Wait..." and then crashes.
>
> This worked in your previous tarball so I know we should be able to
> track down the culprit.

Thank you Peter for sharing your enhancements on github.

Using a modified version of LVR's mythbuild.sh script I was able to
compile your raspi/0.27 branch to build a tarball.

Upon running the resulting executable I noted that both xcb and eglfs
invocations crashed with the "resolution change" example video.  Hence
the problem appears common to both xcb and eglfs.

Curtis