[mythtv-users] Subtitle sync

Ben Healy melben1001 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 10 02:39:08 UTC 2016

Hi All

I posted something in the forum but had no luck so trying on the mailing list.

I was using myth 0.27.6, now upgraded to 0.28 from mythbuntu ppa on an ASUS celeron chromebox with intel graphics.

I'm in Australia recording DVB which uses Teletext subtitles.

The issue I'm facing is the Teletext subtitles are appearing slightly ahead of the video/audio, so on a scene with a lot of quick dialogue the subtitles have been and gone before the person speaks.

I am seeing this issue with 0.27 and 0.28. I setup another frontend on a PC with better specs and an nvidia card and saw the same issue.

I see reference to a TOGGLESUBDELAY action in the wiki and it's referenced in the menu_playback.xml file, but when subtitles are enabled that menu item doesn't appear. I also can't find it in the frontend playback keybindings. I presume I could fix my issue with this if I could find this setting.

Does anyone in Australia see the same issue of Teletext subtitles on DVB transmissions being out of sync?

Can anyone tell me if the TOGGLESUBDELAY action is still there or should be still there?

Thanks
Ben