[mythtv-users] Anyone using Seagate 8T (ST8000AS0002) Hard Drives?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Mar 9 04:22:12 UTC 2016

On 9 March 2016 at 13:26, Kingsley Turner <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:

> G'day,
>
> I've run out of space *again*...
>
> Is anyone using the Seagate 8T drives for MythTV ?
>
> I guess I should buy one today so they can release the 12T model tomorrow.
>
> cheers,
> -kt
>
> There was a thread of this some time back

Basically the final result was these should be good for archiving but will
perform slowly if rewritten due to their SMR based tech.

videos would be a good example or a recording storage group which is not
used for recording only playback.

Hopefully the early kernel bugs have been worked out by now

Cheers,

Anthony