[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 14.04, MythWeb not working and remote front ends cannot connect

Captain Hook captainhookzero at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:09:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Captain Hook <captainhookzero at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 10:27 PM, digid myth <digidmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I had a odd thing happen during the last upgrade, One of my front ends could
>> play recorded TV, but could not watch live TV or watch videos from the
>> server. It turned out that the name of the ethernet interface changed and
>> myth was having issues with it. Disabling network manager on the front end
>> fixed all my issues.
>>
>> Something to check out and try.
>>
>> Dale
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Captain Hook <captainhookzero at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Thanks, the bind-address was commented out and it shows 0.0.0.0.
>>> Honestly I can't remember what it was but I removed the # and the
>>> problem continues.  I restarted Myth backed and mysql after and no
>>> change.

> Thanks.  It turns out that the bind-address being commented out must
> have been the issue for my front end problem as changing that
> worked--I was assuming the remote front end and MythWeb problem were
> the same.  Obviously there were at least two issues.  For now the
> front end is working fine, but MythWeb still does not work.

I resolved this.  It was an issue with the upgrade of Apache and is a
bug.  There is a fix here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mythtv/+bug/1307548

Basically this is it:

Fixed by:

$ sudo rm /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythweb
$ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 start