[mythtv-users] anybody have experience with the WinTV-HVR-1975 on linux yet ?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:58:23 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Curtis Gedak <gedakc at gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, you do not need to sign an Non-Disclosure
> Agreement, and can instead directly download and use the drivers.

I only referenced the (original) press release which mentioned
an NDA requirement.  It appears that they now just taint
individuals with some non-GPL licensed code (copyright with
"all rights reserved" wording in some of the source files,
although other files do state GPL v2 (which is goodness, we
should congratulate them for those parts)).  Perhaps some
day Hauppauge will re-license the codes and submit them
upstream so that individuals do not need to rebuild kernels
with custom patches.