[mythtv-users] MythTV accessing 'Videos' storage group hourly?

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Mar 6 17:10:21 UTC 2016

On 06/03/16 16:52, Jonatan Lindblad wrote:
> Den 2016-03-06 kl. 17:09, skrev Paul Harrison:
>> On 06/03/16 15:52, thigger wrote:
>>> On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Larry Kennedy
>>> <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com <mailto:lunchtimelarry at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     From the theme chooser screen, press 'menu' key, then disable
>>>     theme updates.  That might do it.
>>>

>>> Cheers - hadn't found that option! I've temporarily given up on
>>> storage groups which also seems to have fixed it - I only have one
>>> front-end at the moment, and I assume if the theme chooser is
>>> getting into the Videos storage group then it's likely that access
>>> of other groups will have the same effect. However that's had the
>>> side-effect of making MythVideo start right at the filesystem root
>>> when opened rather than just including the two (local and remote)
>>> video stores. I'll have another go with storage groups; or I may try
>>> something hideous involving UnionFS if I find that there's some
>>> other part of storage groups that's causing this behaviour.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> tom
>>>

>> What version of MythTV are you using?
>>
>> Are you using a custom config directory or just using the default of
>> ~/.mythtv ? Is it located on a different drive than the video storage
>> groups?
>
> That is certainly one possible cause.  However, the OP's logs indicate
> that the theme is Mythbuntu and that the version is 0.27.4.  This
> theme is not included in themes.zip from
> http://themes.mythtv.org/themes/repository/0.27.4/themes.zip. When the
> frontend is looking for this theme's themeinfo.xml file it fails to
> find it in the Temp storage group and falls back to search all storage
> groups.
>
> Jonatan

You've obviously got more patience than me I couldn't be bothered to dig
that deep :)

So the question is why do we fall back to searching all storage groups?
I can see how we may need to continue the search for recordings that
can't be found in the default storage group but not for most other
files. In this case we only care about what is in Temp?

Paul H.