[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 14.04: Problem after kernel upgrade

Grzegorz Sikorski sikorski.grzegorz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 21:53:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

@Hika: I do not use non-standard kernel build, just "normal", installed (or
actually upgraded) from the official Mythbuntu (Ubuntu) repo. I would have
to rebuild it myself which does not sound like the best solution. My
question is why it has recently changed and if anyone else encountered
similar issue with other drivers? I bet if this is the problem it must have
affected large number of Mythbuntu users since DVBT cards usually require
drivers from outside standard Linux mainline.

@Stephen: I have tried the newest drivers and open source one as well. Both
compile fine, but do not work after deploy. Actually if I am right that the
problem is with not signed drivers, no matter what source code I use, it
should have given me the same result.

Any other thoughts/directions?

Greg