[mythtv-users] Cheap HDMI capture

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:26:21 UTC 2016

> There is an article in the wiki on how to do this, See below link:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/IPTV_Encoders_as_a_Capture_Device
>
> Some encoders referenced in the link have HDCP decryption built in.

Different price points unfortunately:

Using the models from the link and a very very rough google search:
COL-7101H - $US210
Dtvane - DMB-8800A - $US420
Minetech - MV-E1002 - $US199
Oupree - OPR-NH-100 - $US245
Sumhen - MV-1004 - $US246
TBS - TBS2216 - $US250
Telecast - NLE-01H - $US328
Unisheen - BM-100-HDMI - $US299

The device in the original post appears to be around $US36 if you opt for the transmitter only. Double if you opt for the tx / rx pair although from a quick read the rx module would be unnecessary for the proposed configuration.

I have periodically been trying to work out a way to restore Airplay or equivalent functionality. I guess something like this coupled with a Chromecast might do the trick? Maybe? Would seem to be a complicated way to achieve it but I have not found a better way yet in my dabbling.