[mythtv-users] UK migration to SD

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Sat Jun 25 20:43:29 UTC 2016

On June 25, 2016 7:46:22 PM GMT+01:00, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:
>Just a heads up for anyone who has switched to SD.
>
>There are currently no listings for Channel 5 and Channel 5 HD they are
>
>just showing 'To Be Announced'. SD are aware of the issue
>(http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2812) and are
>working to get it fixed.
>
>For the time being the best you can do is set up a manual recording for
>
>anything you want to record on CH5/CH5HD.

Thanks for this. I haven't signed up for the SD forum yet, but if anyone reading this has already signed up, you could mention that this seems to be affecting Channel 5+1 (77749) and Channel 5+24 (97294) too.

At least 5USA and 5STAR aren't affected, so whatever the problem is, at least it presumably isn't some sort of contractual dispute.

For the time being, I have blanked the xmltvids and ticked useonairguide for those channels, although I'm not seeing any listings from EIT yet (but am on some other channels still using EIT so I know EIT is working in general). Is one supposed to remove all the "To Be Announced" listings before EIT will overwrite?

John