[mythtv-users] Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 occasionally turns itself off, 6200ch always thinks it's on

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:20:05 UTC 2016

Hoi Jan,

> On 23/06/16 16:07, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Generally everything that connects through usb is 5V. Most hubs and
>> modems are 12V

> Hmmm. Dangerous assumption to make.

> Yes, devices /powered/ through USB take 5V, but all bets are off for
> devices that have their own wallwarts. I have 5V devices, 9V devices
> (such as my tuners), 12V devices (such as external hard disks), all of
> which connect to the host computer via USB.

True for disks. The electronics are 5V, but the engine normally is
12V. But I have never encountered anything with less then 5V, so worst
case on 5V is that it does not work.
But of cause always double check! ;-)

I have my homerun on 5V and my modem/router on 12V connected to my
server. Everything else is connected to two old HD/tape cases on 5V or
12V. They contain a light weight standard power unit. Has been running
without a glitch for over a year.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven