[mythtv-users] IPTV - MPEG-TS stream failed to receive bytes

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:58:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> I do not know QT at all, and my C++ is also quite rusty.  But when I
> had a look at that code and Googled QNetworkRequest, the thought I had
> was to make the original query have the
> QNetworkRequest::FollowRedirectsAttribute flag, so that it would
> automatically follow any redirects without any further intervention.

Just as an FYI:

According to the docs that attribute was added recently (in Qt 5.6),
and Qt 5.6 is beyond the "minimum supported Qt version" MythTV
supports (which is Qt 5.2).  Adding a requirement to move forward
in the Qt version would have to be negotiated with the devs.
Otherwise, you likely have to implement your own redirection code.

I believe MythDownloadManager supports following redirects,
and moving to the MythTV abstraction might be viable, although
perhaps a larger effort.