[mythtv-users] Running SD JSON grabber on separate system to MythTV backend

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 20:00:37 UTC 2016

Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> mythfilldatabase --only-update-guide --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile output.xmltv

Well I found a slot between recordings this evening. Got as far as pulling down the listings, which I them manually copied over.

The above syntax wasn't accepted, I worked out that it's "mythfilldatabase --update --sourceid 1 --file 1 /tmp/listings.xml" for my old version.
But I got a load of errors like "Ignoring unknown timestamp format: 20130416" which I assume is related to an earlier thread about missing time-of-day for the previously-shown field. I didn't have time to let the load finish as I had to reset the system before the next recording was due to start.