[mythtv-users] Debian and mythtv-database

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sat Jun 4 22:11:21 UTC 2016

On Jun 3, 2016, at 7:52 PM, Jongi <jongitech at gmail.com> wrote:

> # dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database
> Failed to create or modify database (incorrect admin username/password?)
>
> what is the mythtv-database issue? is it important?

Like it says, you have an incorrect username or password, and yes, it’s important.
> And I know the password is coorect because it works with mysql -u root -p

You left out how you the l/p is correct but you can verify what dpkg is using by doing this as root:

	debconf-get-selections | grep mythtv-database

Try doing a command line mysql using the debconf username and password and see how that goes. From there either update debconf (using debconf-set-selections) or create/modify your server to match what it wants.

In case this affects you: I’m not sure if Debian allows an empty root password for mysql, it used to be discouraged but now it might be actively blocked.

- George