[mythtv-users] Save original files after transcoding

George Bingham georgeb1962 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:09:18 UTC 2016

Hey Michael,

My setup has that option checked (save original files after transcoding),
but I had to backup the recording manually by copying it in place and
adding a '.tmp' extension, and THEN the mythtranscode program will restore
that .tmp file at the end of it's run.

I use the mythtranscode app to generate a .mpg file where the commercials
have been cut and the mpg moved into my 'videos' directory tree, and at the
end of the mythtranscode part, the .tmp file gets moved back to .ts (not by
my script, but by mythtranscode). That leaves me with the original
un-touched recording still intact and available to the interface.

HTH

George

-- George