[mythtv-users] after reboot mythbackend not logging to /var/log/messages

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Jul 27 16:31:42 UTC 2016

[0.27.6 on Fedora 22]

Since I set my box up I have been doing a tail -f /var/log/messages as an easier way to see what mythbackend is logging.

The other day I did some Fedora updates including a newer kernel but didn't reboot because it wasn't convenient. This morning the box started generating a bunch of CPU/GPU messages which eventually led me to just reboot it.

But now there is no mythbackend logging to /var/log/messages at all and I'm stumped as to why that is. Other stuff is getting logged though.

Any ideas?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca