[mythtv-users] Recording problems after upgrade to 0.28

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jul 27 08:06:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 19:14:13 +0100, you wrote:

>On 26/07/16 15:35, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> On 07/26/2016 08:25 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>>> Also, is the default 3000 ms value for the DVB-T tuning time possibly
>>> too small?  Or is it just that the NZ TV3 channel is doing something
>>> unusual that is causing it to need a longer tuning time?
>> I am not in New Zealand.
>>
>> I had similar problems after upgrade to 0.28 and I changed all of my
>> tuning timeouts to 5000. It seems that 0.28 has different checking for
>> failed recordings and marks the recording as failed after a tuning
>> timeout, even though it recorded perfectly.
>>
>> Peter
>
>I also found 0.28 is more sensitive with DVB-T/T2, I changed signal
>timeout to 7000 and tuning timeout to 10000 for all my DVB-T/T2 devices
>(same as used for DVB-S/S2) and have not  had a problem since (I did
>this many months ago when I was running 0.28pre).

I have changed my tuning timeout to 10000 ms and so far all the
symptoms I was seeing have disappeared.  I have not changed the signal
timeout at all.  It is a little early yet to say the problem is
completely cured, but it is very promising as my box has made it
through today's peak recording period with a similar number of
recordings happening as did yesterday, but no problems occurred.

It is encouraging that others have had similar problems and had them
solved by increasing the tuning timeout.

Clearly the 3000 ms tuning timeout is wrong for DVB-T tuners, at least
in this part of the world and since the 0.28 changes.  So I think that
default value needs changing to a much larger number.  Looking back at
my 0.27 logs, I can see that TV3 had tuning problems then too, it is
just that they were not particularly visible.  The 0.28 changes have
made them very visible, but 0.27 looks like it needed a larger tuning
timeout too.