[mythtv-users] Descriptive audio track plays on ripped video

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sat Jul 23 20:37:02 UTC 2016

On 23/07/16 17:56, Steve Greene wrote:
> Says it all... This doesn't happen with VLC player or any of the mplayer
> derivatives. Has anyone else noticed this? I haven't found a reported
> bug. It may be that this disc placed the descriptive track first, but
> the dedicated video players seem to recognize and ignore that track?
>
> Should I file a bug report?
>
> Steve

Selection of the default audio channel can depend on many things.  The
frontend will cycle through the options with '+' although I can no
longer see this in my Frontend Edit Keys menu - local build of
v28.0-35-g812ec08

Which ripper was used?  Before and after stream analyses with ffmpeg -i
or mediainfo, or the frontend > Menu > Playback > Playback Data screen,
should give some clues.

John P