[mythtv-users] Script to email on failed recording

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 22 14:07:40 UTC 2016

On 07/22/2016 08:00 AM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> Does anyone have a simple script that they would be willing to share that
> fires off an email whenever there is failed recording?
>
> I am getting a tuner that drops out about once every couple of months - and
> if I am not watching a lot of shows at the time it can be a few days before
> I realise it.

Here is mine

https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythscripts/blob/master/install/opt/mythtv/bin/userjob_recording.sh

Note that the script depends on other scripts in the same repository.

It requires you set it as a user job in the recording rule. It is not
perfect, it does not work on News programs and such like which do not
have individual episodes. Don't set it on those, it will report them all
as failed.

this is for 0.28 but I don't think there were any differences from 0.27.

Peter