[mythtv-users] upgraded 0.28 on mythbuntu not finding proper backend

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:20:04 UTC 2016

Hoi Brian,

> On Tue, 2016-07-19 at 18:57 +0200, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Brian,

> Hi,

>> First MsterServerIP on your output does not match:
>>
>> pvr.example.com and pvr.interlinx.bc.ca

> Oh damn.  I guess that cat is out of the bag.  The domain is
> consistently interlinx.bc.ca.  I was generalizing it in the previous e-
> mails to example.com.  So they do actually match.

>> Second replaced it with the IP.

> I prefer names here, because to change the address of something I just
> have to update DNS and not have to visit every application on every
> machine to update IP addresses.  This is exactly why DNS exists.

>>  If the external frontend has something
>> wrong in /etc/hosts !?

> It doesn't:

> $ host pvr.interlinx.bc.ca
> pvr.interlinx.bc.ca has address 10.75.22.2
> pvr.interlinx.bc.ca has IPv6 address
> fd31:aeb1:48df:0:214:d1ff:fe13:52fb
> pvr.interlinx.bc.ca has IPv6 address 2001:...:214:d1ff:fe13:52fb
> pvr.interlinx.bc.ca has IPv6 address 2002:...:214:d1ff:fe13:52fb
> $ cat /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1       localhost
> ::1             localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
> ff02::1         ip6-allnodes
> ff02::2         ip6-allrouters

> It's resolving to the correct address.

> Cheers,
> b.

You could just try to test. The internal frontend probably works by
using localhost, so it is logical that that one works. If it works
with an ip set, you know it very probably is a resolving problem, so
probably outside MythTV. Maybe one of the many QT problems? For I
guess that the resolving is done through QT.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop